Sammelbestellung: Lean Garments (OCBDs)

Nach langer Zeit ein paar Neuigkeiten im aktuellen Newsletter, den ich hier zitiere:

I personally made a promise for the next year: We won't develop any new products in 2016 until we have a stock of good casual button-downs available for 45€ (= ~40$ + shipping for our friends in US). And by quality I refer to following:

Fabrics that last 1,5 years of regular use and wash
Quality seam work and stitching
Proper collars

We were supposed to have a drop in November, but first we were hit by a shortage of fabrics. Okay, can't do anything if a huge mill with 20 000 employees (yes, you read right) decides to stop delivering oxford fabrics for 2 months. No idea why. When we had the fabric available, the sample making took a month as we were hunting for thick Mother-of-pearl buttons. Details matter! Luckily found pretty good ones:
Mother of pearl button
The first samples needed some corrections to minor details, and we decided to make another sample set before starting the production. God dammit, shouldn't have done that.

The gods of IVY style had clearly heard about my upcoming product plans (next chapter), and decided to punish us by making our samples an accurate clones of 60s Brooks Brothers button-downs. 6 buttons in the button placket and no gauntlet buttons in the cuff – only the legendary baggy fit was missing (I have always thought about why no one came out fit a slim fit at the time, only the amount of fabric saved in waist area would have been enough to make one modern shirt).

Anyways, enough of excuses. We are now waiting for samples to be made and delivered after holidays, and to have the production started for following button-down shirts:

light blue oxford
white oxford (improved enzyme wash to soften up the cloth, we really read all the reviews)
grey university stripe
selvedge chambray

Pile of button-downs (enable pictures to see)

- - -

I was talking about a "no new product developments before steady stock of button-downs in 2016" -policy. But because creating new things is so exciting, I used the early December 2015 for working with more #menswear -stuff alongside my bachelor thesis about e-commerce. Those who follow our Instagram account should know what I'm talking about:

SPREZZIES – Spread collar shirts
Spread collar shirt with a knit tie (enable images)
I needed (=wanted) spread collar shirts with unlined collar for that sprezzy look for those more dressed up dinners and days at school, so I decided to give a call to our old factory. It took one week and I had a sample that exceeded all my expectations.

A truly beautiful collar. It should make you smile if you're a menswear nerd like me. Combine with an unconstructed jacket, knit or grenadine tie and you have the look of a #menswear Tumblr blogger. Works also great with a sweater if you usually wear button-downs.

Slim fit, long enough to stay firmly tucked in, collar sizes. Finished with beefy mother of pearl buttons. The first batch is already in production, and will be ready in 10-15 days. Coming available in subtle light blue and pink, and I also have ordered a washed denim sample.

Pricing: 46€ piece (NON EU 41$). We should also have some kind of package deal available..

Wäre auch mit 2 dabei (Rest 30). Farben sind dann jetzt die aus dem Newsletter, ne?

Da muss ich erst noch überlegen :-D

Nach langer Zeit ein paar Neuigkeiten im aktuellen Newsletter, den ich hier zitiere:

I personally made a promise for the next year: We won't develop any new products in 2016 until we have a stock of good casual button-downs available for 45€ (= ~40$ + shipping for our friends in US). And by quality I refer to following:

Fabrics that last 1,5 years of regular use and wash
Quality seam work and stitching
Proper collars

We were supposed to have a drop in November, but first we were hit by a shortage of fabrics. Okay, can't do anything if a huge mill with 20 000 employees (yes, you read right) decides to stop delivering oxford fabrics for 2 months. No idea why. When we had the fabric available, the sample making took a month as we were hunting for thick Mother-of-pearl buttons. Details matter! Luckily found pretty good ones:
Mother of pearl button
The first samples needed some corrections to minor details, and we decided to make another sample set before starting the production. God dammit, shouldn't have done that.

The gods of IVY style had clearly heard about my upcoming product plans (next chapter), and decided to punish us by making our samples an accurate clones of 60s Brooks Brothers button-downs. 6 buttons in the button placket and no gauntlet buttons in the cuff – only the legendary baggy fit was missing (I have always thought about why no one came out fit a slim fit at the time, only the amount of fabric saved in waist area would have been enough to make one modern shirt).

Anyways, enough of excuses. We are now waiting for samples to be made and delivered after holidays, and to have the production started for following button-down shirts:

light blue oxford
white oxford (improved enzyme wash to soften up the cloth, we really read all the reviews)
grey university stripe
selvedge chambray

Pile of button-downs (enable pictures to see)

- - -

I was talking about a "no new product developments before steady stock of button-downs in 2016" -policy. But because creating new things is so exciting, I used the early December 2015 for working with more #menswear -stuff alongside my bachelor thesis about e-commerce. Those who follow our Instagram account should know what I'm talking about:

SPREZZIES – Spread collar shirts
Spread collar shirt with a knit tie (enable images)
I needed (=wanted) spread collar shirts with unlined collar for that sprezzy look for those more dressed up dinners and days at school, so I decided to give a call to our old factory. It took one week and I had a sample that exceeded all my expectations.

A truly beautiful collar. It should make you smile if you're a menswear nerd like me. Combine with an unconstructed jacket, knit or grenadine tie and you have the look of a #menswear Tumblr blogger. Works also great with a sweater if you usually wear button-downs.

Slim fit, long enough to stay firmly tucked in, collar sizes. Finished with beefy mother of pearl buttons. The first batch is already in production, and will be ready in 10-15 days. Coming available in subtle light blue and pink, and I also have ordered a washed denim sample.

Pricing: 46€ piece (NON EU 41$). We should also have some kind of package deal available..
Könntest Du nach einer Maßtabelle fragen, wenn Du nochmal Email-Kontakt mit LG hast?

Ich bin wieder raus, jetzt wo ich die Farben gesehen habe. Mochte die Stoffe der letzten Charge erheblich mehr.

Also: minus nisses 2 Hemden, Rest wieder 32 ...

Also, seit langem nun ein Update (was nicht an meiner Faulheit, sondern den üblichen Lean Garments Verzögerungen liegt).

Am Samstag beginnt ja die nächste PreOrder, allerdings haben offenbar die Finnen und US-Amerikaner derart große Sammelbestellungen gemacht, dass LG nicht weiß, ob es noch für uns reicht (sollte es reichen, wird sich LG nochmal nächste Woche bei mir melden). Sie bieten daher an, im April (nächster Batch, Farben werden in 5-15 Tagen von Seiten der Stoffhersteller bestätigt) eine Sammelbestellung aus OCBDs und Popovers zu machen, und zwar mit folgender Rabattstaffelung:

ab 20 Teilen: -5%
ab 40 Teilen: -10%
ab 80 Teilen: -15%

Hinzu kommt ein kostenloser Versand der Sammelbestellung zu mir, so dass für euch nur die Versandkosten aus Deutschland dazukommen.

Ich werde so bald wie möglichst unsere Liste nochmal aktualisieren (wir sollten nun ja aufwärts und nicht abwärts zählen) und euch dann bitten, ggf. zu updaten/ Änderungen vorzunehmen.

Oben