Carlo Lanza, handmade socks from Italy!

Carlo Lanza

Goodevening guys,

A few years ago I was allready on the Stilmagazin forum with the online store Mannen in Stijl (Men in Style). Since 2 years I started a whole new brand, called Carlo Lanza (my own name). At this moment I have almost 100 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium that are selling my brand. I am very proud about it offcourse. Last week I have translated the website in English and I am going to ship worldwide.

If you are curious about my brand, please take a look at the website and watch the movie we have made about the production process of Carlo Lanza socks. All my socks are made by a family company in the north of Italy. They make socks for the last 60 years now.

Watch it here: https://www.carlolanza.com/ . It won't take much time by the way.

With discountcode 'Stilmagazin' you will receive a 10% discount. I do this also for the Dutch Stil forum by the way.

Carlo Lanza grijs blauw aubergine gemeleerd.jpg

Thanks in advance for any comments. Danke!

Saluti,
Carlo Lanza

Bresciani-Socken, die x-te Auflage, 20 % Kunstfaseranteil und die Spitze mit der Maschine geschlossen:
Nix Handarbeit!
Das wird so langsam langweilig...

Bresciani-Socken, die x-te Auflage, 20 % Kunstfaseranteil und die Spitze mit der Maschine geschlossen:
Nix Handarbeit!
Das wird so langsam langweilig...

Mir nicht, die tollsten Kniestrümpfe nutzen nämlich nichts, wenn sie zu kurz sind, um bei größeren/breiteren Herren über die Wade zu reichen, wie die Urban Fine Socks. Noch interessanter wären natürlich Socken mit Urban Qualität und vernünftiger Länge.

Bei Bresciani war die Länge immer okay. Ich würde aber vermuten, dass diese hier von Sozzi sind, da der alte Shop nur Sozzi-Ware hatte. Die sind meist auch zu kurz.

Thanks for you response Urban. I understand your criticism (again another sock brand :confused:) but I have no experience with Bresciani. I found my own factory near Brescia. There are a lot of factories in that area. After 6 years of working with socks I know which socks are the most popular, and yes - some of them - have 20% Kunstfaseranteil like you call it (even 30 by the way). Otherwise the socks are not durable enough. But I also have the wool/silk combination and that is a total different mix of (natural) yarns.

I am not working with Sozzi by the way. After six years I just want to make my own quality. Offcourse it is not totally handwork, they use big knitting machines to make the socks. But did you watch the movie? How many work has been done by hand, to finish the socks for example?

Hope you understand a bit more why I shared my story at Stilmagazin. When you start your own brand of socks you will receive a lot of criticism. I am strong enough to handle it, but I still believe you can build a strong brand with hard working, a very high quality product and good cooperation.

My goal is to add the first stores in Germany this year. I am doing the work all by myself, so when you guys have any advice which menswear store(s) I have to call, please let me know :).

Grazie, Danke, Thanks in advance,
Carlo

Ich liege genau an der Grenze zwischen den beiden Größen.
Nehme ich die kleine, stoße ich die Socken innerhalb kürzester Zeit an den Zehen durch.
Nehme ich die große, passt die Ferse nicht.

Send me your exact size and address via DM Lumpenbub. I will send you a pair to try. Thinking about sending a size 39-42. I always advice people to take a size 39-42 when they have a 42.5. Let's check if this works.

If the quality is not OK, please let me know. No problem to do this on topic, no secrets :).

I also understand that this is not fair to all the other forum members, so I will send the first 3 members a free pair of (OTC) socks that respond in this topic with a name of a menswear/shoe store that I can call. Name and contactperson will be great, but a storename is also OK. Small thing for a free pair :p.

Thanks for you response Urban. I understand your criticism (again another sock brand :confused:)

Grazie, Danke, Thanks in advance,
Carlo

Are the toes of the socks shown in your shop closed by hand or are they sewn with the machine?
I know that the hand closing is finally made with the special machine also but
the pics show 2 lips which is the typical sign for the sewing.

Oben